The article I read was Signature of Antimatter Detected in Lighting. My summary of this was about the 17 flashes of Fermi Gamma-ray space telescope making the signature of the antimatter. The person who discovered this was Michael Briggs. He goes to University of Alabama in Huntsville. This happened recently, November 6th 2009. This took place in Washington.During the lightning storms that were observed by a spacecraft saw that the electrons were moving closer to the gamma-rays slowed them Down.This took 14 months of operation to figure out that the 17 flashes of lighting made the sign. Briggs said that the storm reversed because of the electric field. Modelers are trying to figure out how the reversal happened.
My opinion of this article is that i think it is very facinating that 17 flashes of a Gamma- Ray can create an antimatter sign. The reason I chose this article is because as soon as I finished reading it, it facinated m. In conclusion, this article is one of the best articles i have ever read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment